Tossing, turning, mind churning, sleep doesn’t come easily for the majority of people these days. Everyone experiences the frustration at least intermittently, staring at the clock counting down the minutes until daybreak, unable to force a hard reboot. The importance of a good night’s sleep can’t be overstated, even more so than exercise or even healthy eating. Without a solid 6 – 8 hours of deep sleep under your belt, the simplest tasks become herculean endeavors.
I’m one of those people that’s tried everything. From aromatherapy to prescription meds, striking the right balance is more of an art than a science. Everyone, every body, is different, which makes the path to a proper night’s sleep winding, full of dead ends, and often isolating.
Melatonin has been my only relief, although I’ve built up a considerable tolerance to it over the years. Whereas 2mg is more than enough for most people, it takes 10mg, or more, to keep me peacefully tucked in, even if I’m already tired out. Just like the multitude of factors that join in concert to create ideal sleeping conditions, it takes more than one hormone to complete the cycle. CBD, already a noted daytime supplement in my medicine cabinet, is here to help.
There’s more to CBD than just oils and tinctures, of course. New to me is the concept of a CBD-infused bath bomb, combining the spa-like experience of a relaxing soak with the efficacy of a therapeutic treatment. Your skin is your largest organ, and thus a powerful tool for absorbing cannabinoids. Even if you don’t have a bathtub, a simple foot soak will yield equally satisfying results, instantly assimilating essential oils and CBD like a sponge. A bath bomb is a full-body topical application that allows for unparalleled all-over relief.
What makes the biggest difference in my sleep routine, however, is CBD oil blended with my good friend melatonin, plus other beneficial herbal extracts such as chamomile, valerian root extract, passionflower, cascade hops, and lemon balm. This is the harmonious fusion found in a bottle of CBD PM, which starts doing its magic about 30 minutes before bed.
A light mint flavor helps conceal the more grassy, vegetal notes of hemp, but all I could think about after the first dosage were pillow mints.
It’s no struggle to get this medicine down, but a spoonful of sugar still doesn’t hurt. Soft, sweet, melt-away morsels that actually help settle the restless mind, these pillow mints are classic treats with a tiny modern twist. Using CBD oil instead of mere peppermint oil adds flavor with function.
Smooth and rich like old-fashioned butter mints but even creamier, they won’t dry out like the dusty pellets usually left sitting in the candy dish. Easily double the recipe to make them en mass and have enough to share, or cut it in half if you’re not totally sold on the concept. Try one or two before bedtime, and I promise you’ll become a believer. These are the stuff that sweet dreams are made of.
CBD Oil Ingredients
- 4 Ounces (1/2 Cup) Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2 g) Mint CBD Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blue Matcha or Spirulina (Optional, for Color)
- 2 1/2 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
CBD Oil Instructions
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add the CBD oil, blue matcha or spirulina (if using), and confectioner’s sugar. Starting on low speed, mix gently until the powder is mostly incorporated to prevent it from flying out of the bowl. Add the tapioca flour and mix to combine. Make sure it’s completely smooth and homogeneous.
- Dust a nonstick silicone baking mat with additional tapioca flour and place the sugar dough on top. Roll out to about 1/4-inch in thickness and use small cookie cutters to stamp out shapes. Re-roll any scraps and repeat.
- Alternately, pinch off small balls of dough with you fingers, roll them into smooth rounds, and press them flat with the tines of a fork.
- Chill until ready to enjoy; for the full sensory experience, I personally think they’re best served cold.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two months or freeze for almost indefinitely.
CBD Oil Notes
Pure peppermint oil can be used for the mint CBD oil if you’d simply like a refreshing minty candy to enjoy any time of day.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 30 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 7mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on BitterSweetBlog.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.
This review was made possible as a collaboration with Moms Meet and cbdMD. My opinions can not be bought and all content is original. This page may contain affiliate links; thank you for supporting my blog!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe